Monday, October 3, 2011

Pumpkin Math











In the past, we have planted pumpkins out in our outdoor classrooms... this year I've invited each of my students to bring in their own pumpkin. We'll do a little pumpkin place and comparison... then estimate, weigh, count, add, gut and carve ;) To change things up a bit, I copied these 2 pages back to back and then folded as a trifold. The kids thought that was 'cool'... "It's like a special program, Mrs. Evans," they said...


Have I mentioned how much I enjoy the Halloween/Fall season ;)




2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey girl! I just awarded you the I HEART YOUR BLOG award! Have a great week!

Rowdy in First Grade

Deceptively Educational said...

Great minds think alike (referring to this post's other comment). I just gave you the Versatile Blogger award! Stop by here for more info: http://deceptivelyeducational.blogspot.com/p/blog-awards.html