Saturday, November 3, 2012

Finding the Unknown...Stuart J. Murphy

My little kiddos are still needing a bit more with "finding the unknowns".
Missing addends are a bit easier for them than subtraction, however, I want them to really get this under their belt before too long.
I LOVE Stuart J. Murphy books... they are written so well and I find the illustrations are a great help for my students to visualize the mathematics.
Safari Park is a great title for this topic!
 
Tuesday the kids are going to get a chance to hear it once again and then complete this interactive activity.  I plan to hang the cards around the classroom and then invite them to rotate to each card. They will be given a recording sheet, pencil, a double ten frame (for manipulation help... I plan to have chips at each card) and about 1-2 minutes to determine the correct answer to each card.
Let's keep our fingers crossed ;)
I'd love to give a copy to 3 friends that might need a little activity for the CC standard.
Be the first 3 to comment (with your email and I'll send it out)
 

 
Yes... this is very familiar to Hickory, Dickory Dock...Jack Be Nimble
 


5 comments:

Down Under Teacher said...

Love your stuff Lory! Your monthly centers are awesome.

Kylie
downunderteacherblog@gmail.com

Cher Harrison said...

I would totally love a copy of this! I love your work and my kids do, too! :)

cher.gerard@gmail.com

Sam said...

I would also love a copy,all your centres are great
Sam
sake3535@hotmail.com

Krystal said...

Agh I'm not fast enough! Looks cute :)

Rachel Lamb said...

I love those books too. Good idea