Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thanksgiving Writing Helps


We are cruising right along with our Daily 5 and entering into the Work on Writing stage.
While we've been working on writing since day 1... they are becoming more independent and will have more opportunities to write about their own topics.
This year I started these WRITE ON... cards to help my young writers.  I've created about 8 I think (with many more all over my computer ;).  I have been so happy with them.  Offering them a few words on a topic has allowed them to strengthen their writing skills and concentrate on letting their 'juices flow' ;).  We've focused on topic, complete sentences, punctuations, details etc.
I've made sets of 5 of each card (that I've made and will make) and just punch a hole in the corner and fasten them with a silver ring.  I plan to put these in the Work on Writing Station along with other materials to make their time at this Daily 5 more enjoyable. I plan on using them as a class to continue strengthening various writing skills in the curriculum, too. If my blog friends have any interest... I'd love to share this file with you.




14 comments:

Lisa Mattes said...

I'm totally interested!!! Thank you! What a great idea!
growingfirsties@gmail.com

School Sparks Renee said...

Adorable graphics. Thanks for sharing. Renee

Allison said...

I love these - what a great idea!

ronnie said...

I think these are a great idea. :-) My students would totally benefit. vhair61215@gmail.com

Mrs. Mac said...

I'd be interested - they are just so cute! I know my first graders would use them. quiltwoman0@gmail.com Thanks!

Tina Wiscombe said...

Great idea! I would be thrilled if you would share. So would all of my First Graders!!

Charlotte said...

I would love to have a copy if you are willing to share! Thanks!

cstaylor616@gmail.com

Kynda said...

I love this idea! My kiddos would love to try this out.

Jenna Lynn said...

I would like it! jennaraski@gmail.com

SAM said...

These look great! My kinders would totally benefit from these. Thanks so much for sharing. stephmckay@gmail.com

Terese Phelps said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terese Phelps said...

I would love a copy also - they are great terese.phelps1@gmail.com

Suzy Q said...

If by chance you read this, I would love a copy for next year!

Thank you for a great idea!

tokyoshoes (at) hotmail (dot) com

Lisa Wisler said...

These are a fantastic idea. Can I also take the time to say what an inspiration you are! I surfed upon your site last night and I have spent many hours looking - very addictive.

I would love a copy, when you have the time.

Thanks.