Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Veteran's Day


Author Eve Bunting has a gift for writing about serious subjects in a way that makes them accessible to young children, and she has done just that in her picture book The Wall. This children's picture book is about a father and his young son's visit to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

Last year I made a booklet for Veteran's Day (11/11/11) we also played with the fun date a bit... I have revised the booklet so that we are focusing on the date of Veteran's Day (11/11 without the year).
I'm in the middle of creating a simple art project with the American Flag... hopefully, tomorrow I can pull it all together. 


2 comments:

EmBellish said...

Hey Lory,
It's Emily (the Kaysville teacher who has left you comments several times before). I just saw that you posted a minute ago and had to let you know how much I LOVE your making singular words plural pack. I used it today. We are working on irregular plurals in my first grade class and it is PERFECT. I printed it in color, put magnets on the back, and then hung it up on my bulletin board after we did the sorting activity as a class. Love, love, love it. Thank you! :)

Emily
Tangled with Teaching

Lory said...

Hey Emily... we should both be doing something other than blogging shouldn't we ;) Massage, pedicure... ha! I'm so glad that the file worked out for you. My kiddos enjoyed it also. It actually came out again this year, too just a couple days ago! Enjoy this BEAUTIFUL weather... I hear the snow is on its way!!
Thanks again...
Have a great night!!
Lory