Monday, December 17, 2012

Money, Money, Money

 
I know at this time of year... we have ALL spent a ton of money...
however, the past couple of weeks, I have been teaching my kiddos about COUNTING MONEY.  It has been exciting to see them catch on so quickly.  They are so proud that they are able to do something that mom and dad do everyday!!!  Last week I received notes on homework pages of how much money mom had in her wallet... dad had in his pocket... were inside the couch ;).  They are counting coins everywhere... just what we want them to do, right?  I updated my money file this year... I use the "hair and legs" concept in my classroom to help my students realize that if they can skip count by 5s they can skip count quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies.  Even my at risk students are finding success.  If you have already purchased this unit on TpT... be sure to download the newer version with many  more pages.



3 comments:

Covered in Glitter said...

I'm in the middle of teaching a money unit, so this post is much appreciated! Thanks!!!

I'm your newest follower!

Covered in Glitter and Glue 

Anonymous said...

It's the best time to make some plans for the future and it's time
to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few
interesting things or tips. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.
I want to read more things about it!
Stop by my web page quick ways to make money fast

Anonymous said...

Hello, Neat post. There's a problem together with your website in web explorer, could check this? IE still is the marketplace chief and a big part of other folks will omit your wonderful writing due to this problem.
Also visit my web page : ideas to make money from home