Friday, January 24, 2014

Candy Heart Math

I can't believe it's almost February!!
Saturday I was grocery shopping and ran into one of my disgusting LOVES... candy hearts!
 I love them!!! I buy bags of them... for me ;(
One day, I hope to grow up and buy vegetables but not this year!!

Each year I love to do candy heart math with my kiddos.
This activity takes the BASIC Brach's bag.  It has 2 versions, one to use with the white hearts and one to use with the blue hearts.

Another favorite is The Little Old Lady.
I actually have a substitute in February and I plan to pull this out and let them enjoy it the whole day... a little math, a little language arts, a little art.
These Little Old Lady files are lots of fun, and a great review... but fabulous for a sub ;)

What is a Valentine favorite in your classroom? 
 Leave a comment and I'll give an Old Lady file away on Sunday!!

6 comments:

Cherie said...

Oh what an adorable yet educational pack!

cheriemae@gmail.com

Chelsea ONeal said...

When I was in Kinder we would make dogs out of hearts... They were always so cute!! My 2nd graders love The Old Lady ..... books I don't have this one I will def. get it!!

Chelsea
Kickin It Whole Brain In Texas

Krystal said...

I use your valentine candy heart math every year. My kids love love LOVE it!!
good enough teacher

peggy27 said...

My class always like to make valentine animals out of red,white, and pink paper. They are so cute.

meunier27@yahoo.com

Michelle Jaquillard said...

My class always has a Valentine Post Office where they write letters to their family members.
mjaquillard@oregoncs.org

Kandia Cross said...

One of my favorites is reading a story about Valentine mice and then making them out of red, white, and pink felt.

We also make ladybugs with addition spots during one of our Math centers. On the day of our party, I plan your candy heart graphing and the students love it.